Cortest designs custom Fume Hoods to house Proof Ring Systems, Hydrogen Induced Cracking (HIC) Tanks, Autoclaves, or Load Frame test systems. These fume hoods are designed to safely contain any noxious gases that may be released during a test and vented through scrubber and neutralization systems.
Standard features of Cortest fume hoods include pre-installed gas distribution piping, flow meters and valves to control gas flow to test equipment, safety check valves, quick disconnect fittings with automatic shut-offs, exhaust gas manifolds, and gas sensors. All of these features help to ensure a safe working environment for laboratory technicians while allowing for efficient work flow. Custom duct work and exhaust systems can also be supplied to provide a complete fume extraction solution for any laboratory.
ISLAND, WALL, WALK-IN
SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR
PROOF RING AND HIC TESTING
GAS SUPPLY LINES EXHAUST GAS LINES GAS FLOW CONTROL
- –Island, Wall, or Walk-In Style Hoods Suitable for Any Lab Space
- -Available to Accomodate 10, 20, 40 Proof Rings or HIC Tanks or up to 80 Proof Rings
- -Materials of Construction: 316 S.S. & PVC Tubing in a Powder Coated Welded Frame with Sliding Safety Glass Doors
- -Quick-Connect Fittings to Reduce Exposure When Replacing Systems
- -Custom Valve Manifolds for Individual Channel Management of N2 and H2S
- -Custom Flow Control Valves/Flow Meters
- -Optional Services: Custom PVC Duct Work
- -Optional Upgrades: Environmental Control Bath to Maintain Test Cell Temperature ±1.7°C
- -Optional Gas Cabinet for Gas Bottle Storage and Automatic Gas Bottle Changeover
- -Up to 40-Channel Touch Screen Timer to Measure and Record Time-to-Failure of Proof Rings
- -Automated Dampers
- -H2S Sensors and Alarms
- -Integrated Emergency Shut-Off Valves for Gas Supply
- -Optional Environmental Control Bath
Specialty gas cabinets can be supplied by Cortest to accompany any equipment supply. All gas cabinets are constructed to NFPA 55 standards. Cabinets can be supplied to store 2, 3 or 4 gas bottles and may also include features such as automatic changeover panels, explosion proof pressure transducers, gas sensors, pneumatic shut-off valves, emergency gas shut-offs, and output signals that may be linked to a laboratories safety control system. These gas cabinets are a great addition to any new laboratory construction project or laboratory renovation project.
EXHAUST GAS NEUTRALIZATION TANKS
Cortest exhaust gas neutralization tanks are used to reduce the H2S concentration of exhaust gas prior to it being exhausted to the customer’s scrubber or atmosphere. These assemblies are available in two or four tank configurations. Each PVC tank is 10” (25 cm) diameter X 30” (76 cm) long with a capacity of approximately 38 Liters. Safety pressure relief valves are also provided to ensure safe operation. A NaOH solution is used in each tank to help neutralize the H2S prior to being vented to atmosphere. Solution life can be monitored using optional pH probes.